HELP WANTED! Do you plan your Saturdays around visiting the market? Do you desire to know your market vendors on a more personal level? Do you like getting hefty discounts? Then become a farmers market volunteer!!
We are looking for someone to work the market and manage the website and social media accounts. The time commitment is minimal – one 3-hour shift every 3-4 weeks, and about 1-2 hours per week of web development. The position is flexible – we’re happy to divide duties between multiple volunteers. No experience necessary!
Please direct message the market Facebook page at www.facebook.com/delrayfarmersmarket or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Recipe courtesy of Country Living
- ½ gal. apple cider
- 1 qt. white grape juice
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider
- 8 oz. orange juice
- 8 tsp. star anises
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples
- 16 oz. dark rum (optional)
- In a punch bowl or large pitcher, combine apple cider, grape juice, sparkling cider, and orange juice. Add star anises and slices from 2 apples.
- To serve, fill tumblers with ice. Add 1 ounce rum to each glass, if desired, and top with punch. Garnish each with 1 apple slice.
A special announcement to inform our beloved customers that the market will be CLOSED on Saturday, October 1. Regular market hours will resume on October 8.
On October 1, make your way down to the Avenue for Art on the Avenue, an annual multi-cultural arts festival celebrating our community’s diversity through the arts. The festival will be held rain or shine 10am-6pm. See you there!