The Del Ray Farmers’ Market (“Market”) is a year-round food and plant-based farmers’ market held every Saturday, 8am-12pm (except “Art on the Avenue” first Saturday of October). We welcome nonprofit, school, and civic groups to hold bake sales, other fundraising, and/or informational promotions outside the Market perimeter as pre-approved by Market management. Space is very limited – no more than two groups per week can be accommodated. No group can participate more than twice per year, except DRBA and DRCA. All nonprofit, school, and civic groups are subject to the following Market guidelines:
1. Confirm your date and plan with Market management. All markets for April and May 2019 are currently full. You may request one of these dates and be placed on the cancellation list, but should include a date outside of this range.
- Submit your nonprofit or group application here.
- Provide a description of your group and its purpose at the Market (group mission and what exactly will be promoted, sold, etc.)
- Bake sales may only be held by registered 501(c)(3) organizations, as permitted by the Alexandria Health Department.
- All activities, promotions, sale items, and music must be approved in advance.
2. Set up in the Plaza Area on the perimeter of the market as directed by Market management.
- Group space cannot exceed 10 x 10.
- Sales, promotions, handing out leaflets, petition signings, and other planned activities are not permitted in the footprint of the Market.
3. Groups must bring their own equipment, including tables, chairs, and tents.
- One 10 x 10 tent is permitted.
- Picnic tables are for Market patrons.
4. Please arrive at 7:30am to be set up by 8:00am.
5. Groups must stay until the Market closes at 12pm.
6. No more than four people at one time due to space limitations.
7. Sale of non-food items except event tickets or plant-based items will need to be approved by the Market management.
8. Political and voter registration groups are subject to these guidelines and should let Market management know in advance when they plan to be at the Market.
All Market participants are expected to comply with these guidelines. Promotions and/or distributions of materials are not permitted inside the Market footprint and must occur in one location as designated and approved by Market management. The Market is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to any person(s) or property arising from participation in the Market. All participating groups agree to indemnify the Market and the City of Alexandria from any and all losses and/or liabilities resulting from participation in the Market.
Questions? Contact email@example.com