Recipe courtesy of Real Simple
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
kosher salt and pepper
4 pounds small sweet potatoes, each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
3 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the cumin and cinnamon. Add the sweet potato wedges and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast, turning once, until the edges are dark brown and the wedges are crisp, about 1 hour.
HELP WANTED! Do you plan your Saturdays around visiting the market? Do you desire to know your market vendors on a more personal level? Do you like getting hefty discounts? Then become a farmers market volunteer!!
We are looking for someone to work the market and manage the website and social media accounts. The time commitment is minimal – one 3-hour shift every 3-4 weeks, and about 1-2 hours per week of web development. The position is flexible – we’re happy to divide duties between multiple volunteers. No experience necessary!
Please direct message the market Facebook page at www.facebook.com/delrayfarmersmarket or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Recipe courtesy of Country Living
- ½ gal. apple cider
- 1 qt. white grape juice
- 1 bottle sparkling apple cider
- 8 oz. orange juice
- 8 tsp. star anises
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples
- 16 oz. dark rum (optional)
- In a punch bowl or large pitcher, combine apple cider, grape juice, sparkling cider, and orange juice. Add star anises and slices from 2 apples.
- To serve, fill tumblers with ice. Add 1 ounce rum to each glass, if desired, and top with punch. Garnish each with 1 apple slice.